Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bring on November 4th!

Oh boy. I've been sidelined recently with a parental visit that lasted over two weeks! Meanwhile the political news has been reduced to Paris Hilton, tire pressure gages and breaking news from the National Enquirer that John Edwards had an affair behind the back of his cancerous wife. In the meantime more and more nonsense is spouting forth from anal fissures with names like Ben Stein and Newt Gingrich. Even though I've been quite busy with familial responsibilities lately, I've kept up with my favorite blogs and watched the Countdown show with Keith Olbermann daily. I still don't consider Barack Obama to be the Messiah, but I do think of John McCain as a doddering, wealthy white guy, who will say anything to get elected. I look at him and his trophy wife with her beer fortune and the thought of those two in the White House sends shivers down my spine (to paraphrase Republican Senator Thad Cochran of Mississippi.)

More to come as my life shifts back to normal (whatever that is) and I'm able to try and make some sense out of the wackiness known as Religion and Politics.

No comments: