Monday, November 17, 2008

Reality . . . What a Concept!

The big election is over. I’ve still been watching Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow, but they don’t really merit my full attention anymore. The election isn’t quite over in Alaska, Minnesota and Georgia, but I’m not holding my breath to see if the Dems reach their much sought after 60 votes. I’m certainly not willing to support keeping Joe Lieberman onboard to try and reach that magic number. The man should have his epaulets stripped from his uniform and be banished from the process. I wasn’t a fan of his when he was Al Gore’s running mate and now that he has betrayed his fellow democrats it’s time to say so long.

I am currently about halfway through Kluge by Gary Marcus, in which he cites numerous examples to show that our brain has evolved in a haphazard manner that doesn’t allow for the most efficient use of our minds. Prior to Kluge I read The Making of a Philosopher by Colin McGinn. After these two books I’ll be convinced that reality is just not discernable with our inaccurate and biased human brains.

No comments: